Search for atmospheres
'This is where we leave the open and take to cover,' said Strider.
A Knife in the Dark
They spent a miserable day in this lonely and unpleasant country. Their camping-place was damp, cold, and uncomfortable; and the biting insects would not let them sleep. There were also abominable creatures haunting the reeds and tussocks that from the sound of them were evil relatives of the cricket. There were thousands of them, and they squeaked all round, neek-breek, breek-neek, unceasingly all the night, until the hobbits were nearly frantic. [...] At the day's end they came to a stream that wandered down from the hills to lose itself in the stagnant marshland, and they went up along the banks while the light lasted. [...] 'Let us take this wood that is set ready for the fire as a sign. There is little shelter or defence here, but fire shall serve for both.' [...] He was silent for some time, and then he began not to speak but to chant softly.
for much walking on short commons, through the land surrounding weathertop.
Comments for "A Knife in the Dark"
License details for "A Knife in the Dark"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- stream and birds Lundby by Agnese Priekule +)
- Winter wind whistling window by audible-edge +)
- Cicadas by dethrok http://freesound.org +)
- Hummed Poem by dranz10 +)
- Rocky footsteps by Freesound.ord +)
- Dry Thunder3 by juskiddink from http://www.freesound.org/ +)
- circadas, otari by simon gray +)
- Burning Torches by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license