Search for atmospheres
The cold dark march across the Grinding Ice
Crossing the Helcaraxe
There is only the way forward, winding through the clinging chilling mist, across the groaning of the Ice.
Your pace is glacial. Storms howl unceasingly across the open pack ice. It is not uncommon to see glassy slabs and shards pushed upward into impassable ice mountains by wind and wave, blocking your way forward.
Sometimes you hear the groaning of the ice rise into a shriek, and then crack abruptly with the sound of breaking rock; and you know that somewhere just out of sight, a great chasm of bitterly cold water has been unveiled, and treacherous floes of loose ice may be, by necessity, your only way across.
You forget what it is like to be properly warm. You forget what it is like to be fully dry; to eat anything but lembas and dried rations - and increasingly more frequent, raw fish, and still steaming raw meat from a fresh seal kill; to desire to sing from joy instead of sorrow; to hear anything other than the crunch of boots over icy snow, and the howling of the wind.
Comments for "Crossing the Helcaraxe"
License details for "Crossing the Helcaraxe"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Tent Tarp Flapping 2 by Andy Brannan www.freesound.org +)
- Breathing quickly by DarkJoker +)
- Breaking Ice by dheming from http://freesound.org/people/dheming/sounds/268023/ +)
- Abandoned fields by Dredile from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Bubbles by felix.blume from http://freesound.org +)
- Eternity Choir by Unknown +)
- Blizzards by Vectormedia +)
- Army Marching - Soft Boots by Yap_Audio_Production from http://freesound.org +)