Search for atmospheres
Ent house in forest
Suddenly before them the hobbits saw a wide opening. Two great trees stood there, one on either side, like living gate-posts; but there was no gate save their crossing and interwoven boughs. Beyond them was a wide level space, as though the floor of a great hall had been cut in the side of the hill.
At the far end the rock-wall was sheer, but at the bottom it had been hollowed back into a shallow bay with an arched roof: the only roof of the hall, save the branches of the trees, which at the inner end overshadowed all the ground leaving only a broad open path in the middle. A little stream escaped from the springs above, and leaving the main water, fell tinkling down the sheer face of the wall, pouring in silver drops, like a fine curtain in front of the arched bay. The water was gathered again into a stone basin in the floor between the trees, and thence it spilled and flowed away beside the open path, out to rejoin the Entwash in its journey through the forest.
For a moment Treebeard stood under the rain of the falling spring, and took a deep breath; then he laughed, and passed inside.
Comments for "Ent house"
License details for "Ent house"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- dry tree cracking Delsjon by Agnese Priekule +)
- Buddhist mantra by djgriffin from http://freesound.org +)
- Yucatan-Jungle-FS1 by folkart-films from http://freesound.org +)
- Owl_2 by inchadney from http://freesound.org +)
- Creaking Oak by klankbeeld from http://freesound.org +)
- Walking On Grass by mikaelfernstrom from http://freesound.org +)
- Wind Through Leafs by SoundSnap *)
- fountain by Tritus from freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license