Search for atmospheres
'...he was imprisoned, caught hopelessly; he was in a barrow.'
Fog on the Barrow-Downs
As they went down the mist became colder and damper, and their hair hung lank and dripping on their foreheads. [...] He was suddenly aware that it was getting very cold, and that up here a wind was beginning to blow, an icy wind. A change was coming in the weather. The mist was flowing past him now in shreds and tatters. [...] The wind began to hiss over the grass. [...] Suddenly a song began: a cold murmur, rising and falling. The voices seemed far away and immeasurably dreary, sometimes high in the air and thin, sometimes like a low moan from the ground. [...] He heard behind his head a creaking and scraping sound.
bleak and nasty atmosphere for cutting off the hands of wights
Comments for "Fog on the Barrow-Downs"
License details for "Fog on the Barrow-Downs"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Wind in the Grass by ciccarelli from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Dark Alvarian Chant 03 by Fox Forrester +)
- Whispers Ghostly by Freesound.org +)
- Cave Dripping Water* by http://freesound.org +)
- Horse Whinnies by https://www.sounddogs.com/ +)
- Stone being dragged by novino from http://www.freesound.org/ +)
- Meadow Ambience by RareSound from www.freesound.org +)