Search for atmospheres
'Is it only the trees that are dangerous?' asked Pippin.
The Old Forest
'And the trees do not like strangers. They watch you. They are usually content merely to watch you, as long as daylight lasts, and don't do much [...] I have only once or twice been in here after dark, and then only near the hedge. I thought all the trees were whispering to each other, passing news and plots along in an unintelligible language; and the branches swayed and groped without any wind.' [...] A golden afternoon of late sunshine lay warm and drowsy upon the hidden land between. In the midst of it there wound lazily a dark river of brown water, bordered with ancient willows, arched over with willows, blocked with fallen willows, and flecked with thousands of faded willow-leaves. The air was thick with them, fluttering yellow from the branches, for there was a warm and gentle breeze blowing softly in the valley, and the reeds were rustling, and the willow-boughs were creaking.
an uncanny atmosphere for bathing your feet a minute, feat. that one tree that tried to drop a branch on frodo because he sang a song it didn't like
Comments for "The Old Forest"
License details for "The Old Forest"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Branches Rubbing by Dave Incamas www.freesound.org +)
- whispers by Gildaren +)
- branch fall hit forest floor by http://zapsplat.com/ +)
- Stream, Water-C by InspectorJ at freesound.org +)
- Deep Forest morning by kvgarlic from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Water Drops in Canal by Robinhood76 (freesound.org) +)
- Swarm, flies, small by Youtube, "SOUND EFFECT Fly Swarm Sounds - Horrible Sound ! " +)